Author of The Black Book: Select Lines from Grand Teton National Park

Search This Blog

Monday, April 14, 2008

The Spoon Couloir on Disappointment Peak

Well, this time I screwed up our alpine start, and I'm glad Cons is not as ruthless in the morning as I am regarding time because he had every right to beat the hell out of me when we got to the parking lot at 4:30am and I realized I had forgotten my boots at the house.    So we didn't end up topping out on Disappointment Peak, and that was a little disappointing of course.  But the couloir was as spectacular as the views around it.


The Spoon under the Grand














Nez Perce


Nez Perce, Cloudveil Dome, and South Teton


East face of Middle Teton


















The Spooky Face on Nez Perce


The top of the Spoon visible above the trees

No comments: